Jesse McCarron, M.D.
Elbow, Joint Replacement & Revision, Shoulder, Sports Medicine, Rotator Cuff Repair, Total Shoulder Replacement
Reconstructive Shoulder Surgery
Jesse McCarron, M.D., is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of the entire spectrum of shoulder and elbow problems, including rotator cuff repair and total shoulder replacement. He grew up in Portland but has lived and trained at world-class institutions across the country. After completing a fellowship in shoulder and elbow surgery in 2007 at the Cleveland Clinic, he stayed on as faculty there for three years. In 2010, he returned with his family to Portland, where he took a position at the Portland VA Medical Center as section chief of orthopedic surgery. In 2016, he left the Portland VA to join Rebound.
Dr. McCarron believes that the best outcomes are achieved for patients by combining the most current, effective, evidence-based treatment strategies with a strong doctor-patient relationship.
Dr. McCarron has authored numerous book chapters for orthopedic textbooks and has published more than a dozen peer-reviewed research articles on the topics of rotator cuff repairs, their healing, and biomechanics.
Dr. McCarron also has an academic appointment in the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation at Oregon Health & Science University, where he is involved in resident teaching and education.
In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, skiing in the winter, carpentry, and woodworking as well as running.
Dr. McCarron offers elbow, shoulder, sports medicine, and joint replacement and revision consultation at Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery in Vancouver at Vancouver and Salmon Creek as well as in Portland at Rose Quarter.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Williams College, Williamstown, MA
- Doctor of Medicine: Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- General Surgery Internship: George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Washington, D.C.
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Washington, D.C.
- Reconstructive Shoulder Surgery Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- Association of Clinical Elbow and Shoulder Surgeons
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center
- Portland Monthly Top Doctors: 2017, 2019
Rebound Orthopedics Vancouver
200 Northeast Mother Joseph Place, Suite 110
Vancouver, WA 98664
Orthopedics, Physiatry, and Hand Therapy: Suite 110
Neurosurgery: Suite 300
Total Joint Center: Suite 305
Rebound Rose Quarter
One North Center Court Street, Suite 110
Portland, OR 97227
100 North Drexler Drive
Portland, OR 97227
Rebound Salmon Creek
Medical Office Building A
2121 Northeast 139th Street, Suite 300
Vancouver, WA 98686
Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, and Physiatry: Suite 300
Physical Therapy and Hand Therapy: Suite 325