Kirk L. Wong, M.D.
Hand & Microvascular Surgery
Kirk L. Wong, M.D., is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in upper extremity problems, including problems involving the hand, wrist, and elbow, including carpal tunnel syndrome. He also is skilled in microsurgery as well as the most current treatment option of an injection of an enzyme called collagenase for Dupuytren's contracture. Dr. Wong places a strong emphasis on working with each patient to develop an individualized approach to promote the best possible level of recovery and function. In his free time, Dr. Wong enjoys spending time with his family, cycling, and skiing.
Dr. Wong offers consultation for hand and wrist patients at Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery in Vancouver at Vancouver and Salmon Creek.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
- Doctor of Medicine: Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA
- General Surgery Internship: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Hand and Microvascular Surgery Fellowship: The Hand Center of San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Portland Trail Blazers
- PeaceHeath Southwest Medical Center
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center
- Portland Monthly Top Doctors: 2011, 2015, 2018, 2020
Rebound Orthopedics Vancouver
200 Northeast Mother Joseph Place, Suite 110
Vancouver, WA 98664
Orthopedics, Physiatry, and Hand Therapy: Suite 110
Neurosurgery: Suite 300
Total Joint Center: Suite 305
Rebound Salmon Creek
Medical Office Building A
2121 Northeast 139th Street, Suite 300
Vancouver, WA 98686
Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, and Physiatry: Suite 300
Physical Therapy and Hand Therapy: Suite 325
I did my due diligence looking for the best hand surgeon in the area and through the recommendations of various Dr's and hand therapists I ended up seeing Dr. Kirk Wong. He took the time to explain the X rays in detail and we discussed all the options, surgical and non surgical. By the time the conversation was done I had a a good handle on the best path forward. There were no unanswered questions and the appointment didn't feel rushed. All the people I dealt with at Rebound were polite, competent and happy. I would certainly recommend Rebound and Doctor Wong.
I took my son to Dr. Wong for a broken finger that needed to be surgically repaired. He was amazing with my son (who has Autism and is not always the easiest to deal with)! He answered all of my questions with patience and understanding that I was a mother worried over her son and what he would be going through. Dr. Wong made sure we were comfortable with everything and he has been amazing in his follow-ups with us! I can't imagine going anywhere else or having another doctor! Thank you for everything, I really appreciate all of the effort you made to make me happy!!
He is so good! I've received the best treatment and I have the highest respect for him!