Deven Karvelas, M.D.
Deven Karvelas, M.D., is board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation with subspecialty fellowship training in interventional spine and musculoskeletal ultrasound. Prior to beginning his medical training, he practiced as a massage therapist and yoga teacher. He specializes in the management of spine (both neck and back) and other musculoskeletal disorders. He encourages his patients to be engaged with him in developing a comprehensive, active, and patient-centered treatment plan. To do this, he utilizes patient education and coordinated rehabilitation combined with minimally invasive, nonsurgical spine procedures or ultrasound-guided joint injections when appropriate.
In his free time, he enjoys hiking/backpacking, photography, yoga/meditation, and spending time with his family.
Dr. Karvelas offers physical medicine and rehabilitation care at Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery in Vancouver at Vancouver and Salmon Creek, as well as in Portland at Rose Quarter.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Sciences: University of Wisconson–Madison, Madison, WI
- Doctor of Medicine: Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Preliminary Medicine Internship: Virginia Mason Hospital & Seattle Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Interventional Spine Fellowship: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- North American Spine Society
- Portland Monthly Magazine Top Doctors: 2019
Rebound Rose Quarter
One North Center Court Street, Suite 110
Portland, OR 97227
100 North Drexler Drive
Portland, OR 97227
Rebound Salmon Creek
Medical Office Building A
2121 Northeast 139th Street, Suite 300
Vancouver, WA 98686
Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, and Physiatry: Suite 300
Physical Therapy and Hand Therapy: Suite 325
Rebound Total Joint Center Vancouver
200 Northeast Mother Joseph Place, Suite 305
Vancouver, WA 98664