Karl N. Kaluza, D.O.
Karl N. Kaluza, D.O., is a nonsurgical sports medicine and family medicine physician. He is the team primary care physician for the Portland Trail Blazers and served the same role for the Portland Timbers for six years starting in their inaugural season in MLS in 2010. Dr. Kaluza believes in finding and treating the cause of a problem instead of taking medication to relieve the symptoms and that preventing problems is preferable to treating them after they occur. He uses the latest in medical technology, imaging, and laboratory testing but believes the most important path to a diagnosis is listening to his patient.
Dr. Kaluza was a chief resident and recognized as a national Strongest Link resident. He completed his sports medicine fellowship at Michigan State University and then spent a year teaching medical students and residents, during which time he was named Primary Care Educator of the Year and given the Outstanding Family Practice Faculty Award. He treats nonsurgical problems and injuries for athletes and non-athletes. He also maintains a small membership of primary care patients.
In his free time, Dr. Kaluza and his family run a free clinic under the Burnside Bridge. He enjoys coaching and teaching. He is always eager for his next mountain bike ride, soccer game, basketball game, trip to the mountain, hike, surf, swim, run, tennis match, golf tournament, or wrestling match with his two kids!
Dr. Kaluza offers nonsurgical sports-related and family medicine care at Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery in Lake Oswego.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA
- Residency: Western University of Health Sciences OPTI, Portland, OR
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- Certification in Family Practice, Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment, and Sports Medicine
- Best Doctors in Oregon: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2021
- Oregon’s Favorite Physicians: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Portland Monthly Top Doctors: 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
- The Leading Physicians of the World: 2016, 2022
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Recognition: 2011
- Vitals On-Time Doctor Award: 2015
Rebound Lake Oswego
4811 Meadows Road, Suite 101
Lake Oswego, OR 97035