John P. Kafrouni, M.D.
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine, Concussions
John P. Kafrouni, M.D., is a board-certified specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation. He provides comprehensive care of spinal, sports, and neuromuscular disorders and has extensive experience in spinal cord injury. Dr. Kafrouni’s interests include concussions, minimally invasive and techniques to address spinal, joint, and extremity pain, electrodiagnosis, and spasticity management. He is subspecialty board-certified in sports medicine and electrodiagnostic medicine and will consult on functional needs to patients with complex spinal cord and brain injuries and survivors of polytrauma.
He emphasizes accurate diagnosis, individualized goals, and patient education as keys to empowering patients toward recovery and lifelong health through exercise.
He is relatively passionate about surfing, snowboarding, mountain biking and in general, going fast on unstable objects.
Dr. Kafrouni offers physical medicine and rehabilitation in addition to nonsurgical sports medicine care at Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery in Vancouver at Vancouver, as well as in Portland at Rose Quarter.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Dramatic Literature: University of California, Santa Barbara, CA
- Doctor of Medicine: Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA
- Internal Medicine Internship: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certificate in Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- International Spine Intervention Society
- Oregon Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The Physiatric Association of Spine, Sports and Occupational Rehabilitation
- Portland Trail Blazers
- Portland Winterhawks
- Portland Monthly Top Doctor: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
Rebound Rose Quarter
One North Center Court Street, Suite 110
Portland, OR 97227
100 North Drexler Drive
Portland, OR 97227
Rebound Total Joint Center Vancouver
200 Northeast Mother Joseph Place, Suite 305
Vancouver, WA 98664
Wow! Dr. Kafrouni checked my hip with ultrasound and found two pockets of fluid built up around the main tendon. He drained these areas and I was instantly pain free!
I had the opportunity to meet with Dr. Kafrouni three times. Every time he was patient and understanding to my questions and needs. I feel this doctor has a gift to truly understand what the patient is going through and has gone through. He was able to evaluate my care and re-evaluate the care that was given to me earlier by other doctors. He is a kind and honest doctor.