Suresh K. Nayar, M.D.
Hand & Upper Extremity
Suresh K. Nayar, M.D., is a Harvard–trained orthopedic surgeon with subspecialty training in hand and upper extremity surgery. He offers specialized diagnostics and care for injuries and conditions of the hand, elbow, wrist, and shoulder.
While originally from Texas, Dr. Nayar received his undergraduate degree in biochemistry from Grinnell College in Iowa. He went on to earn his medical degree from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. He also completed his internship and residency in orthopedic surgery at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Afterward, Dr. Nayar earned a spot in the prestigious Harvard Combined Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
In his fellowship training through Harvard, Dr. Nayar gained advanced specialty experience in hand and upper extremity treatment. This included microsurgery of the hand, peripheral nerve surgery, trauma care, arthroscopy, reconstruction, Dupuytren’s disease, repetitive trauma syndromes, work injuries, pediatric upper extremity needs, and sports injuries.
Dr. Nayar is available to see hand, elbow, wrist, and shoulder patients at Rebound Rose Quarter and Rebound Orthopedics Vancouver.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biological Chemistry: Grinnell College, Grinnell, IA
- Doctor of Medicine: The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery Internship: The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Harvard Combined Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Board-Eligible: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Domestic Outreach Committee, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Physician Scientist Training Program
- Physician Reimbursement and Coding Committee, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
Rebound Orthopedics Vancouver
200 Northeast Mother Joseph Place, Suite 110
Vancouver, WA 98664
Orthopedics, Physiatry, and Hand Therapy: Suite 110
Neurosurgery: Suite 300
Total Joint Center: Suite 305
Rebound Rose Quarter
One North Center Court Street, Suite 110
Portland, OR 97227
100 North Drexler Drive
Portland, OR 97227